Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Angelversary

On this day, one year ago, Dana and I held our son for the first and last time.  Ryan is free of pain and suffering.  He has attained eternal glory and is safe in the loving arms of God. The only comfort we can allow, is that our baby boy is with the angels now.  "I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me" (v. 23).  Until we meet again precious baby boy.  We love you!!! 

In the gospel of Mark, Jesus instructed his disciples, "Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; such is the kingdom of God."  Jesus then took the children up in His arms, laid His hands on them, and blessed them (Mark 10:16).

"A Pair of Shoes"

author unknown


I am wearing a pair of shoes.

They are ugly shoes.

Uncomfortable shoes.

I hate my shoes.

Each day I wear them, and each day I wish I had another pair.

Some days my shoes hurt so bad that I do not think I can take another step.

Yet, I continue to wear them.

I get funny looks wearing these shoes. They are looks of sympathy.

I can tell in others eyes that they are glad they are my shoes and not theirs.

They never talk about my shoes.

To learn how awful my shoes are might make them uncomfortable.

To truly understand these shoes you must walk in them.

But, once you put them on, you can never take them off.

I now realize that I am not the only one who wears these shoes.

There are many pairs in this world.

Some women are like me and ache daily as they try and walk in them.

Some have learned how to walk in them so they don’t hurt quite as much.

Some have worn the shoes so long that days will go by before they think

about how much they hurt.

No woman deserves to wear these shoes.

Yet, because of these shoes I am a stronger woman.

These shoes have given me the strength to face anything.

They have made me who I am.

I will forever walk in the shoes of a woman who has lost a child.

3 comments:

  1. Lisa and Dayna- I'm praying for your continued strength and for Ryan's peace in heaven. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That poem is beautiful and those Bible verses as well. I have been thinking about you a lot today. You are a tough women and and STRONG mom. I love you Lisa. :)

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your son is just beautiful. Looking at his picture makes me think of my Samuel. So many similarities.

    You have made it through the first year. That is a huge milestone. All of the "firsts" are over.

    Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. I was diagnosed last time with severe pre-e at 23 weeks and they were able to hold me off until 26 weeks. At the time they admitted me to the hospital they also discovered that I have a blood clotting disorder.

    For this baby, I have been on baby aspirin and blood thinning shots ever day. I also have chronic high blood pressure, which I had last time, but it is being treated with medicine.

    Other than that, I haven't done anything different.

    I wish you the best. I am so glad I have found your blog - I look forward to getting to know you better!!

    ReplyDelete