First, we watched the movie Cyrus at the beautiful ArcLight theater. We both thought the movie was good but not as great as the reviews.
Next, we headed across the street for some cd shopping at the world famous Amoeba Music. While Dana shops I usually roam around taking in all the interesting people. He usually thinks I'm his roadie and makes me carry his stack of treasures but this time I got smart and handed him a shopping basket. My husband can spend hours upon hours in that store. Thank goodness he was getting hungry.
Back in the car we headed toward Malibu through the heart of Hollywood. I was so excited because we passed by Kat Von D's LA Ink shop. Sorry, we didn't stop for tattoos. I think we might be the last two people on Earth without a tattoo. Then we passed Pink's Hot Dogs. I couldn't believe the line was wrapped around the building for a hot dog??? Crazy! We also drove by the original Winchell's Donut sign.
Our last scenic view before leaving Hollywood was a heavy set man dressed as a woman riding a beach cruiser in black lingerie. He had a full beard and makeup with very hairy underarms. Dana was mad that I didn't get a picture but I was in too much shock to even think about it. You'll have to create your own mental image. All Dana could say was, "Wow, he must really be sticking to that seat!" You gotta love Hollywood!
Finally, we made it to Gladstone's in Malibu for a wonderful dinner and fantastic view of the ocean. Dana ate fish n' chips and I had All in Seafood Risotto (or the bottom of the pier as Dana likes to call it). For desert we ate a brownie sundae that was more like a pan of brownies heaped with ice cream, chocolate chips, hot fudge, and whip cream. It was very delicious.
After that dessert we both agreed that a walk on the beach was in order. As we were eating we spotted a sea lion on the rocks so we went in for a closer look. I got some great pictures of him/her looking at us. Then we strolled down the beach and practically ran back as we both had to go to the bathroom so bad that we could hardly stand it. It was a terrific anniversary date full of great memories.

















Looks like you had a fun time! My husband never takes me anywhere cool on our anniversary. Boo on him. :(
ReplyDeleteHe doesn't have any tattoos either, so you are not alone.
Thanks for sharing all the great pictures!
Looks like you had a beautiful day Lisa! Who took the pictures of you & Dana? I know June is a tough month for you and I'm glad you're able to enjoy your anniversary together. Absolutely beautiful pictures.
ReplyDeleteI love the picture of the two of you walking on the beach. I would get that picture blown up and frame it..Aaron Brothers is having a huge sale!
ReplyDelete