Friday, January 22, 2010

Transfer Day


Once again Dana and I were up early and on our way to my doctor's office. I was excited but nervous at the same time. Dana was half asleep so I don't think he had any emotions yet. Tuesday was a huge day for us, the transfer day. On the way I had to take a valium to keep my uterus calm and drink a lot of water so that I would have a full bladder. When we arrived, as usual, Dana had to use the restroom. Of course the nurse called me back while Dana was taking care of his morning business. I went through the normal process of putting on the gowns and signing paper work. By then Dana had arrived and put on his mask. Before the procedure started the embryologist called us to the lab. We got to see our embryos, well actually blastocyst, under the microscope. It was so cool and fascinating. After that the doctor did the necessary prep stuff (I'll save you the details) while the embryologist loaded my embryos into a catheter. When the doctor was ready for them they were brought into the room. The doctor inserted the catheter and pushed the embryos into my uterus by using a needle syringe filled with what they call embryo glue. I like that name because that's exactly what I need. The procedure took approximately 30 minutes at the most. There was no pain associated with it at all. Once I rested for a little while I was able to get up and relieve my bladder. Boy, I had to pee like a race horse. After resting for an hour I was released to go home. The nurse wheeled me out to the car
and away we went.

This week I have been off work on bed rest. This is the first time that I have spent anytime sitting up on the computer. I've been up very little. I generally move from the bedroom to the couch and back to the bedroom. I have showered but not as frequently. My husband just informed me that I'm gross. Oh well, I just keep praying and praying and praying that this works. It drives me crazy because I know two embryos were transfered but what are they doing? My prayer is that they are nestling in and making themselves cozy for the next nine months. I will be back to work on Monday with a visit to the Doctor's on Tuesday for lab work. I wish they could give me some indication if it's working or not. Unfortunately, I have to wait out the two week wait. That part really stinks! I shouldn't even test early because the HCG shot I had takes 10-14 days to get out of my system. If I test early I could possibly get a false positive. Please pray that these embryos are settling in nicely.

There's nothing like Cold Stone to settle your nerves, drown your sorrows, calm your uterus, or celebrate the joys of life. Love It!

7 comments:

  1. Been praying for you and Dana and daily. Miss you and will see you Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very exciting. I will be praying for you and I sure hope the little ones are settling in for a long nine months!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending all the good ju-ju I can for stickiness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the next two weeks goes fast...then nothing but good news and baby vibes for you and Dana!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing your journey with me. I love your spirit! God bless you, little mama!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This Gramma and PaPa are waiting with open arms..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been waiting for this post (even though I'm late reading it.) I love that they injected them with glue that should help!! Hurry two weeks go by fast. We are still thinking sticky thoughts for you two little ones!!

    ReplyDelete