Thursday, December 24, 2009

A Few of My Favorite Things

Last year Dana and I were the Scooges of the block. No lights on the house, no tree, no stockings, not a single decoration. But, this year we decided to bring the Christmas cheer back to our house. Part of the reason was to display a few of my favorite christmas ornaments. It was a tough decision because it involved moving Ryan's things out of the corner of the living so the tree could go there. I know it sounds crazy and may have been disturbing to people who came to our house but moving his things was very difficult. Before I turn into a sobbing mess, here are a few of my favorite things.

We got this ornament at the OC walk to Remember

This was given to us last year from my coworker Kelly. Her baby boy, Hunter, passed away from SIDS.

Dana and I picked this up at the L.A. County Fair.

Nurse Cathy sent this to us last year. She made them for all the NICU babies.

This ornament came from Macy's New York.

This is our newest ornament. It was given to us this year by my friend Jean. It was hand painted by a lady she knows. We absolutely love it! Thanks Jean : )

4 comments:

  1. I love all of your favorite things! Isn't it great when the cats sleep under the tree?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the cats sleeping under the tree is cute but the cats chasing each other under and around the tree is not. We thought the tree was going over last night. Good thing it's about ready to come down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your favorite things are very special! :) I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know this was very hard for you to do:( Your house looks great and we love the ornaments!!

    ReplyDelete