Monday, June 1, 2009

For All of Us Who Wonder What a Birthday is Like in Heaven

A Birthday In Heaven
© 2005 Written by Kris Smith


I heard you crying yesterday
And felt your heart-sent love
So I’m sending you this message
Now, from Heaven up above.

You’re wondering if I’ll celebrate
My birthday (way up here)
I know you’re missing me today
I feel your essence near.

God planned a special day for me
He told me with a wink
He’d ordered me a special cake
(It’s Angel food, I think)

I’m getting lots of hugs from God
He’s really good at that
And every time that I walk by
He gives my head a pat

Balloons will fill the streets for me
They float up through the clouds
And we have lots of clowns up here
That make us laugh out loud

There is a birthday carousel
Jeweled horses ride the wind
With music playing oh so sweet…
The magic never ends

I’ve made so many friends, you see
We laugh and play and sing
We ride our bikes and play jump rope
And sleep in Angel’s wings

We’ll have our cake and ice cream
And open gifts, surprise!
But we don’t blow out our candles here
Instead, they light the skies


I found this lovely poem on a website and wanted to share it with everyone.  It was written for a beautiful girl, Alexis Nicole who was gone too soon.  You can view her website at www.mcadangel.com.  Thank you, Kristal for giving me permission to use your poem. 

2 comments:

  1. Lisa, What a lovely poem. I've been thinking all day about you, Ryan and Dana. The sky here as cleared enough to see his candles glowing. Happy Birthday "Little Ryan the Lion"

    Love you! Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa and Dayna... Today and always, I hope you remember Ryan for the fighter he was. Hold his memories close in your heart and know you'll see him again one day. In Ryan's honor, Jason and I showed acts of kindness; Jason spoke kindly to the elderly and helped them with decisions while I waited patiently allowing someone to pass infront of me in the grocery store check-out line. It always feels good to do good deeds and I will keep Ryan in my thoughts whever I show random acts of kindness! Happy Birthday little guy! :)

    ReplyDelete